Plot[edit | edit source]
Fran offers to hold a baby for a foreign woman juggling him and her groceries in the subway. When the mother gets pushed out of the car, Fran believes she has abandoned the baby and takes him home. Soon, she has the police looking for her for kidnapping the baby. Mr. Sheffield takes her to the police station to return him. Just when Fran is about to be arrested, her soap opera knowledge saves her when she quotes a similar example from The Young and the Restless. Because the mother also watches that soap opera, she realised it was all just a misunderstanding and drops the kidnapping charge. Meanwhile, Niles pays a hooker to pose as C.C.'s friend in front of Maxwell. Back home, Gracie asks Fran and Maxwell why can't they have a baby, and they get a bit embarrassed.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main[edit | edit source]
- Fran Drescher as Fran Fine
- Lauren Lane as C.C. Babcock
- Daniel Davis as Niles
- Charles Shaughnessy as Maxwell Sheffield
- Nicholle Tom as Margaret Sheffield
- Benjamin Salisbury as Brighton Sheffield
- Madeline Zima as Grace Sheffield
Recurring[edit | edit source]
- Renee Taylor as Sylvia Fine
- Ann Morgan Guilbert as Yetta Rosenberg
- Rachel Chagall as Valerie Toriello
Guest[edit | edit source]
- Lawrence Mandley as Officer
- Ann Noel as Hooker
- Dayton Callie as Sergeant Dick
- Nancy Lenehan as Foreign Mother
- Robert Clendenin as Mugger on Subway
- Matthew and Ian Fairlee as the baby
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Policeman: (to Fran) You have the right to remain silent.
Maxwell: You obviously don't know her very well.
Niles: What's the difference between a butler and a houseboy?
Maxwell: In your case, about 30 years, Niles.
Niles: Rot in jail, sir.
Niles: (As Fran enters the house with a baby) Ohhhh. Yard sale at Mia Farrow's?