Plot[edit | edit source]
Maggie is invited to her first sweet sixteen party, so Fran takes her to "The Chatterbox", her favorite beauty salon. Meanwhile, Mr. Sheffield is holding auditions for his next play, and a girl named Mary Ruth is rejected. She befriends Fran, who takes her to The Chatterbox to see if she can become the new shampoo girl (a job Sylvia also wants). There, Mary Ruth soon noses herself into the personal life of the owner, Mr. Anthony, and his son, Mimo, who are trying to live without Mr. Anthony's wife, Mimo's mother. Employees at the salon include Claude, a gay hairdresser, and Kim, the Chinese manicurist who can paint incredible things on her extra-long nails.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main[edit | edit source]
- Fran Drescher as Fran Fine
- Lauren Lane as C.C. Babcock
- Daniel Davis as Niles
- Charles Shaughnessy as Maxwell Sheffield
- Nicholle Tom as Margaret Sheffield
- Benjamin Salisbury as Brighton Sheffield
- Madeline Zima as Grace Sheffield
Recurring[edit | edit source]
Guest[edit | edit source]
- Lauren Tom as Kim
- Tracy Nelson as Mary Ruth
- Patrick Cassidy as Mr. Anthony
- Edward Hibbert as Claude
- J.D. Daniels as Mimo
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode was supposed to be the backdoor pilot for a spin-off show called ''The Chatterbox''. However, CBS decided not to pick up the show, deeming it too similar to The Nanny (presumably since the spin-off, like ''The Nanny'' itself, was supposed to be centered around the romantic relationship between a single father and one of his emplyees).
- J.D. Daniels, who plays Mimo in this episode, previously played another character, Jack Walker, in the episode “When You Pish Upon a Star”.