After a soap opera star imposes a date with Fran to be on Mr. Sheffield's upcoming play, Maxwell has to re-consider his rule about not mixing personal lives with business. Fran's dream date is a big disappointment after the big star she loves turns out to be a first class jerk.
- Fran Drescher as Fran Fine
- Lauren Lane as C.C. Babcock
- Daniel Davis as Niles
- Charles Shaughnessy as Maxwell Sheffield
- Nicholle Tom as Margaret Sheffield
- Benjamin Salisbury as Brighton Sheffield
- Madeline Zima as Grace Sheffield
- Renee Taylor as Sylvia Fine
- Ann Morgan Guilbert as Yetta Rosenberg
- Rachel Chagall as Valerie Toriello
- Stephen Nichols as Brock Storm
(Fran and Maxwell are having a conversation after she gets back from her date with Brock)
Maxwell: Frankly, Ms. Fine, after the way he treated you I don't care to work with him any more.
Fran: Oh, too bad, 'cause now he could really hit those high notes! Good night, Mr. Sheffield! (Fran walks upstairs)
Brighton: Does that mean she kicked him in the...
Maxwell: (interrupts) Goodnight, Brighton!